Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Soya Chunks Curry (Semi gravy)

This is a dish I prepare just for my Dad. Soya chunks is not a favourite in our family, except for my Dad, who loves it :)
It has always been questions in my mind how to prepare soya chunk dishes. I did a lot of google search and could not find any dish that I or my dad would relish. So, I just took a chance in preparing this semi gravy dish and guess what… he loved it and to my surprise, my mum and hubby liked it too… I guarantee, go ahead and prepare this recipe, you and your family will relish the dish.
I would also like to receive some soya chunk recipes from my friends :) :) Pls do send them to me.


Ingredients:
Soya chunks - 2 cups
Onions - 1 cup (chopped)
Tomatoes - 1 cup (chopped)
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 string
Green chillies - 4 nos (slit into half)
Turmeric powder - ½ + ½ tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Red chillie powder - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coconut oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 cup


Preparation:
- In a cooker, add soya chunks, ½ tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt, water and let cook for 3 whistles and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add green chillies, onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and fry well.
- Now add the curry leaves, tomatoes and fry well till mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, black pepper powder and saute for a minute.
- Toss the cooked soya chunks (with water) to the masala and mix well.
- Check salt, spice and cook for another 3 minutes on low flame with lid on.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment