Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pepper Garlic Chicken

This is a special dish from my side and I named it “Pepper Garlic Chicken”. This recipe is one of my special dish and yes, a very spicy recipe. A very delicious dish with less ingredients and simple preparation. This is one of the dish I prepare during my hostel days with friends and they love it. I recommend all my friends to try this recipe and give me comments. Try this recipe for this weekend and enjoy.


Ingredients:
Chicken - 1kg
Onions - 2 medium (chopped)
Green chilli - 2 nos (slit to half)
Garlic - 20 nos (julienne slices)
Tomato - 1 small (chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 5 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
Curry leaves - 1 string (for garnishing)

Preparation:
- Heat oil in a kadai, add sliced garlic and saute for 2 mts.
- Add turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Now add the Onions, green chillies, tomatoes and saute till translucent.
- Add pepper powder, salt and saute for a minute.
- Add chicken and mix well with the masala. Pour water and let chicken get cooked for 5 minutes on medium flame with lid on.
- Once the chicken is cooked, open lid and let simmer for a minute or two.
- Off flame, garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rotis and rice.

Note:
- This a spicy recipe. Please adjust spice accordingly.
- This recipe can be prepared with or without gravy (Semi gravy).

No comments:

Post a Comment